Diploma in A.C. & Refrigeration
The student will train to become a specialist in the air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating career field. Students will learn installation, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. This is a fully accredited, two-year program for both adult and secondary students.
- Modern Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (Author: Althouse & Turnquist)
- Six color markers or pencils
- Paper, notebook, ruler, compass and #2 pencils (To class each day!)
- Air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating fundamentals
- Electrical and electronics fundamentals
- Electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Heating and cooling calculations
- EPA standards
- Teach students shop and service safety and practice it every day
- Student will demonstrate knowledge of the basic refrigeration cycle and components
and how they interact to produce the refrigeration effect.
- Student will identify and use correctly basic refrigeration tool and test equipment.
- Student will repair and maintain a refrigeration system in the lab, including recovery and recharging of the refrigerant.
- Student will identify and construct heating and air conditioning electrical circuits in the lab using safety guidelines.
- Student will install, service and troubleshoot a complete HVAC system in the lab and wear eye protection.
- Student will learn to measure, cut, thread and install gas lines to equipment in the lab and wear eye protection.
- Student will learn to measure, cut, swage, braze, solder copper tubing in the lab in preparation to install a unit following safety rules.
- Student will learn to measure, cut, layout and construct sheet metal fittings and install into duct work on lab units wearing eye and glove ware.
Appliance service person
- Building, hospital or apartment house maintenance
- Food service mechanic
- Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration service person
PLACES OF EMPLOYMENT
- Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration companies
- Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration manufacturers
- Cruise lines
- Shipping lines (land, sea and air)
- College articulation credit is available upon successful completion of this program.
- Financial aid is available to eligible students.